EMC is hiring a new Events & Marketing Manager
The Electronic Music Conference is hiring a new Events & Marketing Manager for 2017.
We’re looking for someone to play a crucial role in the rollout of this year’s EMC. You’ll be working directly with the Executive Producer on the annual conference as well as a number of extension events planned in 2017, including the development and execution of marketing strategies, social media strategy and community management, content marketing, promotions, website build, graphic design, trade marketing, newsletters, website and social media updates.
The part time contract role will run from May 1 through until January. There is a full time requirement in the month of November.
You’ll need to have a deep understanding of the electronic music landscape, with a minimum of 2 years experience in events, marking or digital media. Excellent organisational skills are a must.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter outlining why you’re the perfect person for this role to [email protected] with the title “EMC Event & Marketing Manager” in the subject title. Applications close Friday April 20.
– Provide support to the Executive Producer in the execution of EMC’s events in 2017
– Assist with regular reporting including regular WIP reporting, minutes reporting from programming committee meetings, ticketing and sales reporting, marketing and promotions effectiveness reporting, post event/campaign reporting to key stakeholders;
– Event production support to the Executive Producer and Event Producer including guest list management, community management, communications, sourcing merchandise and sampling for delegates bags, briefing digital and print creative;
– Provide copywriting for key communications, and digital marketing assets for EMC events and projects as well as commercial partnerships pitches;
Be quick to comprehend a brief and turn it around quickly in an intelligent, cool and well articulated way;
– Identify promotional and partnership opportunities with like minded people, brands and events and effectively manage those relationships in conjunction with the Executive Producer;
– Execute the trade marketing plan, including newsletters, website social media updates and cross promotional opportunities with state music bodies and organisations nationally;
– Manage media partnerships with key music media outlets in online, radio and print;
– Under the guidance of the Executive Producer, recruit and manage interns to assist with basic tasks that offer this role support whilst delivering genuine and valuable experience to our interns;
-Working with the Event Producer, recruit and manage the communications to the team of event volunteers that work on EMC each year;
– Administrative duties including budget reconciliations, contract drafting for speakers and talent engaged; venue agreements; OH&S compliance; post event/campaign outcomes reporting for key stakeholders and partners.