18 year-old charged for attacking security guard at underage Good Life festival
An 18 year-old man has been charged with assault for allegedly attacking a security guard at under-18 festival Good Life in Perth over the weekend, WA Today reports.
Disturbing footage emerged yesterday of the incident, showing a security guard and attendee wrestling on the ground, before another man appears from the crowd and kicks the guard in the head. The 18 year-old allegedly responsible was charged by police yesterday afternoon, after investigators made contact with his mother several hours after the video footage first emerged online.
Perth police told WA Today that the two men involved in the incident were suspected fence-jumpers, and the security guard was questioning the first man for not having a wristband when they became involved in the “scuffle”. The 18 year-old will face assault and trespass charges in court on 16 March.
Good Life promoters Frontier Touring confirmed yesterday that the security guard had been discharged from hospital, and a Seven news reporter told local radio that he had spoken to the guard, who was feeling better after suffering a slight concussion.
This is unacceptable Find the scum and report him ASAP
Posted by Most Wanted Lads on Sunday, 28 February 2016